For a while I’ve been seeing blankets embellished with huge pom poms and tassels and I can’t help but want to go out and thrift a blanket and a few rolls of bright yarn (as if I don’t have enough) to make one! The weather here in San Francisco has been a bit nippy and I’m jonesing for more ways to stay warm, and what better way than a cartoony throw?
This DIY has been around for a few years, yet I continue to see it in styled spaces and shops, so I thought I’d do a short round-up of ways to add these poufy poms to a blanket:
- DIY Giant Tassel Throw via Bre Purposed
2. DIY Chunky Tassel Blanket via Design Sponge
3. Tassel Throw Blanket DIY via Tidbits
4. DIY Anthro Inspired Tassel Throw via Sarah M. Dorsey Designs
5. Pom Pom Blanket DIY via Better Homes and Gardens
Thank goodness I actually do have more yarn than I know what to do with! Time to start planning for Winter # 2 and of course, Fall 🙂